Want to Get Involved?
There are plenty of opportunities to help out! Serve on a planning committee, help decorate or organize one of our many events, run or walk in one of the marathons we attend or just come to one of our ovarian cancer group volunteer meetings.
RVOCA’s goal is to spread awareness about the cancer that whispers through events, media, social outlets and word of mouth. We always have a need for women, and men, to donate their time and special skills.
We’re always looking for new members to volunteer!
Join us the first Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m.
Reynolds Cancer Support House
3324 South M Street
Fort Smith, AR 72903
Your Money Always Stays Local
Through countless volunteer hours, generous financial support, positive thoughts and many powerful prayers the River Valley Ovarian Cancer Alliance (RVOCA) has been able to help many women & families in our community. Our goal is to give back to the River Valley area through programs, awareness and assistance to those ladies and their families fighting Ovarian Cancer. By providing many forms of awareness and education, we hope to help ladies recognize the signs and symptoms that can lead to early diagnosis. This is all done through volunteers and survivors in our community. RVOCA has no national dues and no paid employees or executives. Money raised here stays here. Listed below are some ways these generous contributions help make this happen.
- Distributed survivor totes to newly diagnosed Ovarian Cancer patients
- Provided emergency funds and gas cards to patients with financial needs
- Funded the Gynecological Support Group at the Reynolds Cancer Support House
- Attended and distributed material at over a dozen Health Fairs and Expos in Fort Smith, Van Buren, Greenwood, Lavaca and Sallisaw
- Provided speakers for various civic organizations, including Sigma Kappa Sorority on UCA campus in Conway
- Handed out educational materials and walked in the downtown Fort Smith St. Patrick’s Day parade
- Sent 2 representatives to the FORCE Conference to learn about genetics and BRCA testing in Orlando, FL.
- Sent 3 representatives to the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund Alliance Ovarian Cancer National Conference in Chicago, IL.
- Hosted the Teal to Teal educational luncheon featuring toastmistress Miss UAFS 2017, Logan Moore, speakers Ruth Anne Price, Dianna Sharum, Dr. Kris Gast, Aida Jones, Sandy Sanders and Amy Comer.
- Participated in Charming Charlie’s Shop for a Cause
- Put out 2 informative commercials produced by Branchout Studios
- Donated Memorial Benches at Creekmore Park, Riverfront Park, Sallisaw, and Van Buren Freedom Park
- Hosted 6th annual Teal Night in Tahiti fundraiser
- Tied the Town TEAL in Fort Smith, Sallisaw, Van Buren, Bonanza, Hackett, Coca-Cola Bottling Co., Vache Grasse Country Club, and Sparks & Mercy Hospital campuses
- Hosted the Wings of Hope Memorial Butterfly Release at the Janet Huckabee River Valley Nature Center
- Participated in the 4th annual Sparks Stampede 5K/10K Race and Fun Walk
- Continued involvement in the community by attending numerous Fort Smith Chamber of Commerce events.
Click below to donate online or click here for a printable form.